Thursday, May 20, 2010

Out of the Closet


Whether they're big or small nothing can beat a beautifully organized and outfitted closet. A place for everything and everything in its place. What could be better?

I have a philosophy that when your surroundings are organized you can lead a calmer life. No time is wasted in the morning looking for that favorite, yet elusive, sweater. Categorizing clothing by color and style will also help get you out the door faster.


My own closet will get out of hand every now and again but I do my best to wrangle it in every month. Keeping a sack of clothes to be sold at a consignment shop is key to controlling the clutter. For each new article of clothing that comes into my closet an older piece must leave. I only keep a set number of hangers (I am in love with these!) in my closet and will not buy more. It really keeps me in check when shopping. No empty hanger= no new top.

If you're still not convinced take a sec to admire the following closets and tell me that you wouldn't be a happy camper seeing your clothes laid out in such style.


You can find boot hangers like these at The Container Store. Brilliant. Keeps them off the floor and from starting to slouch.

No comments: