Friday, September 9, 2011

We Be Strollin'

After running errands Friday evening I came home to find a ginormous box from Amazon.  Lo and behold the contents were none other than our jogger stroller!  This excites me to no end.  It is down right silly how much I love this stroller.  Ever since I found out I was pregnant I thought that I wanted a BOB but after some registry issues I decided that the $400+ stroller was not the way to go and started looking for an alternative to the famed, high-priced jogger.  
Hours of research later I discovered the City Mini Jogger.  The price was right and it looked super cool to me.  Done and done, consider it registered.  My sweet mama-in-law (along with my sweet father-in-law) knew how much this little piece of baby-toting equipment meant to me and ordered it!  Don't know what we would do without our precious family.

On to the stroller!  There are a ton of great features to this jogger but my favorites are the fact that you can fold it up with one hand and that it only weighs 17 lbs.  Most of the other joggers are a bit heftier coming in closer to 25 lbs.  Eight pounds doesn't sound like much but I'm sure that when you're hauling that thing in and out of your trunk over and again those pounds add up.  

Some of the other fun features include, the extra large sun shade with two sky lights, the seat reclines to a nearly flat position just by pulling a cord, it has front wheel suspension and not only does it fold with one hand but it folds up pretty flat making it easier to fit it in the trunk of sedan.  


Can you tell that I like it?  Please, don't misunderstand, I still love the BOB and think that it is an amazing stroller but I don't plan on doing a lot of "running" with Baby A, especially not on rough terrain regularly enough to justify the size and price tag.  I'm of the belief that one should only run when being chased by wild dogs.  Just wanted to let you ladies know that there are other options out there.  And they look pretty freaking cool to boot.

If that isn't enough baby stroller talk for one day I will tell you about the umbrella stroller we got.  I totally understand if you're baby geared out, if so, see you tomorrow!  But if you are still with me we went with the Maclaren Volo Stroller.  There are less expensive umbrella strollers out there but I figured we might have two or three more little ones and wanted to get one that would withstand years of use.  My folks were kind enough to get this for us and we are ever so grateful.  This will be great for traveling.
 

Well, there you go!  Hope everyone has a great weekend and if the weather is as nice where you are go take a stroll.  Thanks, again parents!!!

No comments: