Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Knobs


It is sort of silly how big a difference new hardware makes on a piece of furniture or cabinetry. New hinges, knobs and drawer pulls gave new life to our kitchen cabinets. Our secretary got a much needed face-lift from some fab knobs that I found at Target for $2.50 each. I had been hunting around the Anthropologie site for a while but just couldn't make myself spend $8 per knob. They are amazing but don't fit into my current budget for silly things like hardware.


Sad- one of the original knobs had broken off making it impossible to open the drawer without some sort of gadget or tool. I usually went with tweezers or needle-nose pliers. You do not want to mix those two utensils up come time to groom your brows.


All better.

1 comment:

Grace Family said...

Wanna move in with me for a couple weeks? I have some great pieces that we have plans to give a face-lift to, but taming 3 boys under 5 while sanding, painting and shopping for knobs and such makes everything a bit more challenging! I need a stay at home mom (for myself, not my kids!)!!!

Great fix up there... and glad you don't have to worry with tweezers and little pliers anymore! :-)