Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Smell...Fun.


The Pimphouse Suite, pardon me that is "Penthouse Suite," of the Stoneleigh Hotel was the site of our wicked rad wedding explosion. Oops, again! What I meant was wedding reception. Must have snuck some leftover champagne into my coffee today.


Upon our arrival Misty, our amazing photog, took a few portraits. I couldn't be happier with how these turned out. She is really good at high-fashiony type of photos. Plus the lobby and bar area of the Stoneleigh are worth photographing.

My biggest recommendation to brides would be to make sure that you get some one-on-one-on-food time with your brand spanking new husband before you enter the reception. We did that and couldn't have been happier. We had an opportunity to soak up the moment, have a glass (or 3) or bubbly and taste the delicious reception fare.
After our alone time, BF and I met our wedding party on the Penthouse floor. The band introduced the wedding party along with BF and I to "Son of a Preacher Man." It is my song, seeing as my new hubby is the son of the preacher man that married us! It is so literal...

As soon as we entered the grand salon the band started to play, Buddy Holly's "True Love Ways" and our first dance began. We chose that song because it is so sweet and also short. No one wants to watch you dance by yourselves for 5 minutes, ladies. Borrrring.

Once the dance was over a waiter brought out a small cake and two champagne flutes (provided by moi) to the dance floor. Since we didn't have a big wedding cake and my mama vetoed cutting a pie, we ordered a small cake just for cutting.

It was perfect. We cut the cake, took a swig of the good stuff and then ushered everyone to the pie room so that they too could enjoy sugary pastry treats from The Pantry in McKinney.


We hung out in the pie room and mingled with our super stylish guests and then headed back to the salon for some really ridiculous dancing. It was the best and most fun night ever.

We made our departure at midnight in a gorgeous 1970, navy, Cadillac convertible; complete with Texas flag blankets and pillows. Our driver and Best Man, JD was decked out in a black Stetson and took us around Dallas before heading back to the after party.


Oh yes, there was a roof top after party. I highly recommend them.


How cute is my pop in his tux, tennis shoes and cowboy hat? It was 2:30 a.m., anything goes!



Thanks to everyone who made our wedding so great and fun. We love you!

No comments: