Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My BF


Remember back when you were a little girl and you would dream about the man that you would one day marry? When I was growing up I could never see the groom in my dreams. Dum, dum, da-dum...and down the aisle I went with Daddy to a faceless tux.

That tux now has a face. And it is a good one. See below for proof.


My groom is real and pinch me twice, I can't believe he is going to marry little ole me! He will soon be my husband but he will always be my BF. BF: Best Friend, Boyfriend, Beloved Family, BF. (Look how excited we are!)

Women don't always share this but when you find the one that you can't wait to see every morning, can't tolerate being apart from, the one that will hold you until your delightfully wrinkled and grey (already one for two), you feel like you are the most blessed person on the planet. BF makes me feel so blessed and cherished every day.

It is easy to lose sight of the love and the groom during wedding planning. It is stressful, I don't care who you are. Surely there are married ladies out there who can give me some advice. We have all of our major projects checked off the list except for the band and our wedding bands. It is a band-elima! Finding a band to play the reception has been tricky and oh so expensive. Would anyone mind if BF and I just played the spoons and hamboned the tunes of Journey?

All of this is to say, thank you BF for loving me and wanting to marry me every day.

No comments: